Friday, February 13, 2009

Countdown...


The marathon is in less than 24 hours. I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be. I'm sure it'll come tonight.

Weather.com says that it will be in the 50's tomorrow morning in Myrtle Beach. There will be rain starting at 9am. I'll probably be around the half marathon mark around then. I like rain. I hope it won't cause too many problems tomorrow.

I'm going down there with two fabulous people--Jenna Smith and Danielle Rohm. Danielle will be finished, recovered, and ready for more by the time I crawl through the finish line. Jenna is going to be our cheerleader. As in, she's driving all the way there with us to stand in the cold and the rain for over 4 hours to watch us run by once or twice. But I will be looking forward to that hug at the end!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Good luck, Lisa!!! I wish I could have gone, too, but I'll be thinking about you! :) You're going to do great!

Jenna said...

I can't wait! I feel like I'm going to get a great workout just chasing you two around!!! You are super prepared & capable. I can't wait to watch it all happen. Maybe the rain will wash off a little sweat. :)

Alan said...

I'll be with you...

Dad

Scott McMurtrey said...

Just saw the results page. WAHOO!!!!!!!