
Two weeks to showtime! It's about the time where I start getting really excited and lose lots of sleep and pretty much only think about running. I would say I'm so ready, but I'm not quite there yet. I had to take off almost two weeks because of tonsillitis and other things. Side note: Don't take your antibiotic on an empty stomach and then try to run 6 miles. You'll pass out.
So pretty much I'm nervous about making my sub 4 hour time goal since I took off so much time. I feel good about running the marathon, but not so good about the time goal. But I'm going to be positive and say that I can do it. I'm really going to give it all I've got, but I will definitely be preparing a few different game plans for the day.
A. Under 4 hours
B. Under 4:18
C. Finish
I'm so stinkin' excited that Travis and Megan will be there to cheer me on at this marathon! Because the race is on an Air Force Base, they won't actually be allowed on the course, but they'll be there at the end and hopefully at the half marathon mark (it's a double loop course).
Okay, I'm starting to get excited...
I'll let you know if anything really exciting happens in the next two weeks. :)
3 comments:
It's SO scary when you have to take time off. I'm curious what your running schedule will be over the next couple weeks since it's usually taper time. Good luck!
Yay! Good luck Lisa!! You can do it!!!
I am sorry you were sick & had to take time off - maybe your body will just take that rest as a sign to be fast-fast-fast! Good luck! I can't wait to hear how you do.
Post a Comment