Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Trip 2010

Travis and I got to spend a little bit of time with my family in August. The trip actually started out as a mountain cabin adventure in the Ozarks with Melanie, Mike, and Zoe. We planned on spending three days there (Arkansas), then driving back home. But during the trip we realized that we were really pretty close to Texas, so we decided to drive to Cameron to surprise Mom and Eddy for a few days. School hadn't started for me and Travis was all finished with CPA exams. The whole trip was soooooo much fun! I hope you enjoy the pictures.



Zoe showed us her super-duper ABC skills when we stopped at her house on our way back to SC.


Mom bribed us (with Promised Land chocolate milk) to help cut back the tree line on the farm road.


Here is the end result! Oh yeah, it was like 200 degrees out that day. :)



Mom starting teaching the girls on the farm how to sew pillow cases. Livvy loved it, so we got her to sew some for us (I didn't get a picture of ours, but they are lovely).



Eddy and Travis talking shop.



One of Mom's many flower gardens.



Here's another. Yes, that's Travis mowing the lawn.




Pretty Zoe at the cabin.




I think Zoe should be a hair model.




This is the cabin we stayed at in the Ozark Mountains. Very relaxing and fun!




The men cookin' up some steaks.




We spent lots of time on the hammock....


....and especially in the hot tub!!!






We cooked 'smores almost every night we were there. Yum!!



One afternoon we had lunch at this quaint little restaurant and inn. The food was yummy....

....and the view was even better.




Outside the cabin at the tree line we could fill up the deer feeder with corn. Travis is showing Zoe how it's done. The first time we saw deer, we were at the window snapping pictures like crazy. Then we realized the deer never really leave. It was pretty cool.



There really weren't any bad views anywhere you drove.






Zoe got to feed the fish in the pond every day. It was right out the front door of the cabin.



View from the front porch.


Stick bugs are apparently really scary (well, according to Melanie). :)



A few more random pictures:
















ps--good luck to my brother, Scott, who is running across Idaho tomorrow!!!


4 comments:

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

What fun! I think Zoe really looks like a McMurtrey. Are you going to teach again in the Fall? What grade?

Jenna said...

Looks like a fun trip! Zoe is always so adorable. :) I bet your mom loved having you there. I am curious about your fall plans too.

Melanie said...

That was SO much fun! Great pictures!

Scott McMurtrey said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. I can't believe it's still so hot in parts of the country when it's getting down in the 30's and 40's at night here (already!!).

See you in a few weeks!