Be warned. This is a completely random post.
Travis takes FOREVER flossing his teeth. Seriously, he could sit down and floss for 30 minutes, watching tv, having a conversation with me, or whatever. And flossing back and forth the whole time. Last night he brushed his teeth, mouthwashed, and then said, "Did I forget to floss?" (with a worrisome look on his face). I said, "Yes, but unless you can do it in under a minute, then I wouldn't even start." It was 11:30pm and I knew that he could sit there flossing until midnight. He scoffed and said, "I can totally do it in under a minute." At which point I started counting, "60, 59, 58...." He quickly grabbed the floss container, pulled out a piece, and speedily began flossing. He got flustered every time I got to a new group of 10's. He kept telling me to slow down (I was counting very slowly). Apparently, when you're anxious, it's not so easy getting the floss between the teeth. He was having a difficult time. I continued, "4, 3, 2, 1..." "Done!" he exclaimed with triumph. I gave him a pat on the back and started walking out to the living room. He said, "I'll be right there..." I knew exactly what that meant. And I responded, "If you're going to go in the bathroom and finish flossing, then you're totally a cheater." I knew by the look on his face, that was exactly what he was planning. He started sputtering like a boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar, "But... well... I just... just a little... please?"
Totally a cheater.
6 comments:
:) This is a great post!!!
I love it! I love to floss too. There's such a satisfying feeling in having squeaky clean teeth. It only takes me about 5 mins though :)
LOL...I love your posts! I'm not the most diligent flosser, but I found if I keep a bag of those little disposable ones in the car I can do it while I drive. Otherwise it's not likely to get done. :)
That is so hysterically funny! I'm like Crystal, I have a pack of the floss thingys in my glove compartment.
I remember the time I flossed.
hahahahahaha! I am laughing SO hard right now!
Post a Comment