Friday, June 8, 2012

Sophie's First Trip To Texas

We went to Texas for a week--Sophie's first trip there.  And it was the first time for all of my family there to see her (except my mom, of course).  She was so happy and loved playing with everyone.  Can't wait to go back!

Grandma showing Sophie the chickens and turkeys and gardens.


She slept great here.  Long naps and good nights (in general).  Probably exhausted from having way too much fun. :)



I love this picture of Aunt Katie with four of her (6) girls (plus one boy on a mission). 
Babies just make people smile, don't they?






She did pretty well on the 17 hour car ride--both ways.  We (Travis) drove through the night so she slept most of the time.  She had a few fussy moments, but mostly she was ok.  She doesn't love the car, so we are glad we all survived.  The next two pictures suggest otherwise. :)

Gas stop!  I would say this was also a feeding stop, but she refused to eat in the car.  She is a very distractable baby.  But she's cute so it's okay.


These are other random pictures from back home.










5 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

Can't wait to meet her myself. Any trips to WA planned soon? :)

Jean said...

Is she sitting up in one of the last pictures? We miss you guys. We LOVE having you here.

Jenna said...

She's adorable. I wish I didn't live so far away. :) Haha. I need to plan a trip to see you soon.

Lafingkids said...

Sophie is so cute and you are such a good mom! I'm sorry I didn't get much of a chance to visit with you.

Melanie said...

I love that little tongue of hers sticking out. She's wonderful. See y'all soon! :)