
My brother, John, is getting married! Welcome to the family, Ally! It just so happens that they will be getting married the weekend of the Myrtle Beach Marathon. So, I've been looking for a different marathon to do that's in our area. I'm still looking and open to any options, but I'm thinking about doing the Charlotte Thunder Road Marathon in Charlotte, NC.

I'm excited about it, because it's only a two hour drive from here. But, it's on December 12! That's only 14 weeks away. AHH!!! I haven't really started training hard core yet. My long run is at 9 miles right now. But I found a good 14-week training schedule and it looks like it'll work. I'll still be able to get at least three 20+ mile training runs in. The other thing about this race is that it's hilly for 26.2 miles. You can see the map and elevation chart here. I was hoping Myrtle Beach would give me my sub 4 because it's "flat and fast". I'm okay with hills. There are plenty here in Columbia to train on. I read a lot of reviews from people who have run the Charlotte race. Most people say that there are hills the whole way, but they're not too steep. And a lot of people got a PR--some of them by 15 minutes or so. I just have to remember that where there's a hill, there's also a downhill.
My fastest marathon so far is 4:18. So I need to shave off about 20 minutes to reach my goal. I really think I can do it this time. Of course, if I don't, that just gives me an excuse to sign up for another race... :)
And to Jen, I'm sure you'll be running circles around all of us soon enough!
1 comment:
Congratulations John! I am excited that you're doing Charlotte... maybe we'll be able to come & cheer for you now. :)
Post a Comment